A hiring scam is going around. I am not hiring a production assistant at this time.
It has come to my attention this morning that the email address [email protected] is sending messages from "James Kicklighter," stating that I am hiring a production assistant.
To my knowledge this morning, it has appeared directly in email solicitations and via Craigslist.
This is a scam, and you should not respond to this, or apply.
I would not solicit such personal information from any candidate without first a phone call, Skype meeting, or in person interview.
It is dangerous to provide these individuals with your personal data.
Numerous people have reached out asking if this is real, and fortunately, I was able to obtain a copy of the current correspondance, which you can review here:
UPDATE: On the morning of February 3rd, 2020, follow up emails were dispatched with checks to deposit from Legacy Texas Bank. They have been notified. The text is as follows:
I have made necessary agreement to start your first assignment. This is one of task on file to be completed during the trial period. Please follow all instructions as detailed below so as to get this completed ASAP.
* You are to print the attached check on a paper
* Cut out the edges of the front and back of check
* Endorse the back of the check with your signature and write " For Deposit Only "
* Make a remote capture from your bank app (Mobile Check Deposit or ATM Deposit)
* I need a screenshot of the confirmation of deposit.
1. After the deposit as advised above funds will be available for withdrawal immediately or 24hrs after it has been deposited. I will be waiting for a confirmation message once it has been deposited and state clearly when your bank indicates the funds would be available for withdrawal. Send me a scan or snap copy of the deposit slip issued to you at the bank via email, after you have deposited the check for record purposes. You are too black out your account number on the deposit slip before you sent over to me.
2.Once you have cashed the financial instrument I need you to do the following:
a.Deduct $300 which is part payment of your temporary weekly payment.
b.The remaining funds is meant finance the charity program to Save the Children. You need to complete the transaction ASAP because the funds is meant to finance Charity project which is focusing on AIDS prevention and care for HIV infected children. I will get back to you with the recipient allocate from the Charity Organization.
A simple response to my e-mail is greatly appreciated so that I'll know it was received and to confirm you understand all instructions.
If you receive these emails, please contact me via the official contact form at JamesKicklighter.com